iConnect is attending Social Media Success Summit online. Here is the first installment of our takeaways:
How to Use Video and Live Video to Promote and Sell (@Mike_Stelzner)
- Add an “exit pop,” a free video on your website that pops up before people leave your site, that links to a video
“sample” of what they will get if they buy your product.
2. Use testimonial videos to show your audience that people love you! Capture the video any way you can. If it’s low tech, so be it. Can you capture more professional video at a conference for instance, great. Start the video with, “Tell us who you are” (warm-up) and then “How was your experience with…” (general question) and finally get to the meat of your testimonial (direct question).
3. Use a live video Q&A session or even host a live video takeover by adding another person as an editor to your page.
4. Don’t like yourself on video? Try creating an animated short instead.
Resource: Adobe Spark
Facebook News Feed Algorithm Demystified (@MariSmith)
Did you know Facebook can tell if you “pause” on a story even if you don’t like, comment etc. They even track something you type and delete.
“The value of Facebook is getting both paid an organic views. Be careful building your audience on rented space. Build emails so you have control of your own audience.”
Video posts get three times more engagement than links and two times more than photos.
Social videos generates 1200% more shares than text and image combined.
Sumorank – Find out which type of post gets the most engagement on your site.
- Get organic reach first (1-24 hours).
- Post more video!
- Create thumb stopping content. Minimize your ask.
- Engage, acknowledge, share.
- Boost some content (but use editor, not the boost button)
- Intersperse with your ask.
Using Facebook Live to Market Your Business (@loumongello)
There was so much good information in this session, I honestly had to take notes to refer back to later. But here are a few of my favorite ideas for Facebook Live video. And don’t forget to encourage sharing and embed a call to action at the end of each video!
Live Video Ideas
- Q&A Sessions
- Unboxing/Demo Videos
- Behind the Scenes/Tours
- Connect to Experiences (Show your audience an experience!)
- Live Contests
- Where in the world am I?
- Call-in Talk Show
- Focus Groups
- Re-purpose show (embed in blog)
Follow iConnect on Twitter or subscribe to this blog for additional Social Media Success Summit takeaways.